Offering a number of services including pre-euthanasia support, attendance at the euthanasia, bereavement assistance as well as one-on-one appointments and pet loss support groups post-euthanasia.
Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement
Offers no charge access to bereavement chat rooms as well as support surrounding anticipatory grief and pet loss from trained volunteers.
Offers access to several ebooks as well as links for online pet loss communities, grief/bereavement resources and pet loss support groups.
- “Coping with the Loss of a Pet: A Support Guide for Pet Owners”
- “Preparing for the Loss of a Pet: A Support Guide for Pet Owners”
- “Helping Children with the Loss of a Pet: A Support Guide for Pet Owners”
Gateway Grief Support Resources
Offering access to several ebooks as well as links to the Pet Compassion Care line and additional grief support resources.
- “Pre-planning and Pet Aftercare – Support Guide for Families”
- “Coping With The Loss of a Companion Animal – Support Guide for Families”
Gateway Pet Compassion Careline – 1 (855) 245 – 8214
Reach out to a counselor for grief support any time of the day or year.
Crisis Support Line – St. Leonard’s Community Services –
(519) 759 – 7188 or 1 (866) 811 – 7188
Immediate Telephone Crisis Counselling (24 hours, 7 days/week, 365 days/year)